IFN has an exciting opportunity for a Critical Facilities Infrastructure Manager to join our growing team! As a Critical Facilities Infrastructure Manager in our Outside Plant group, you will be responsible for critical facilities infrastructure including installation, maintenance, inventory, and capacity management of all assets within IFN locations. Your day-to-day will include managing IFN critical infrastructures, which includes budget, planning, equipment delivery, and installation activities.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee the efforts of IFN resources, general contractors and their subcontractors, installation vendors, and IFN technical resources.
- Maintain core site readiness. Identifying, documenting, and prioritizing all deficiencies that need to be addressed. All situations that currently have a site in jeopardy are identified and escalated for remediation to leadership.
- Manage IFN critical infrastructure preventative maintenance program and identify critical infrastructure in need of replacement.
- Provide high-level engineering consultation to ensure the technical feasibility of new or additions to co-location, huts, cabinets, or buildings used in IFN’s network. This may include meeting with customers, assessing technical and network needs, and assisting in preparing solutions for those customer needs.
- Manage physical and virtual records to include moves, adds, changes, and disconnects in the defined SoR (Source of Record) system.
- Coordinate larger projects of major magnitude and multiple growth projects; and provides strong technical leadership to local operations personnel on transport products, services, and equipment interfaces.
- Ability to travel on short notice to provide hands-on assistance with emergencies and participate in On-Call schedule rotation as needed.
What You Bring to the Position:
The ideal candidate should have strong project management skills and the ability to solve problems using in-depth knowledge of telecommunications and network infrastructure, and has:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecommunications plant operations
- Minimum of 1-year supervisory responsibilities
- Experience in installation, problem diagnosis, and maintenance of full range telecommunication equipment including Carrier Ethernet, DWDM, MPLS
- Strong project management skills, attention to details, and ability to organize, prioritize, and coordinate tasks and materials
- Knowledge of telecommunications standards, including requirements for AC/DC power and equipment installation, fiber characterization testing of fiber span, and installation and configuration standards about Metro/Carrier Ethernet equipment for network deployments.
- Ability to solve complex issues and deal with a variety of problems in situations where a limited set of standardization exists
And of course – great organizational and leadership capabilities!
What We Care About:
What and how you contribute is important to us! We look for individuals who will contribute to our culture and values. The people we want on our team Actively Communicate, Courageously Innovate, Cultivate Enjoyment, Relentlessly Execute, Support Community, and Thoughtfully Impact.
Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application and the chance to meet you!
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.