IFN has an exciting opportunity for a Critical Facilities Infrastructure Technician to join our growing team! As a Critical Facilities Infrastructure Technician in our Outside Plant group, you will be responsible for performing duties associated with the hands-on support of the IFN Critical Infrastructure which includes (but is not limited to) HVAC, security, DC power plant, AC power, transfer switch, generator, site access, co-location, and capacity management.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for all physical and virtual records that include moves, adds, changes, and disconnects in the defined SoR (System of Record).
- Participate in the preventative maintenance program.
- Identify critical infrastructure in need of replacement or low capacity. Provide recommendations to solve the issue to the Manager.
- Provide oversight to installation and maintenance of IFN contractors doing work in facilities, ensuring all construction practices are adhered to and that required acceptance tests are made per IFN standards. This includes site audits and craftmanship inspections.
- Provide preliminary site surveys for locations requiring identified critical infrastructure.
- Participate in On-Call schedule rotation work as required.
What You Bring to the Position:
The ideal candidate should have an excellent ability to solve complex issues using in-depth knowledge of telecommunications and has:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in telecommunications plant operations
- Understanding of Telco and Carrier facility requirements for DC power and installation
- Familiar with installation and configuration standards about Metro/Carrier Ethernet equipment for network deployments
- Familiar with fiber characterization testing of fiber spans including OTDR testing and wavelength test and turn-up on 40 channel 100+Gbps DWDM systems
- Must be able to work efficiently alone or with other resources, maintaining a positive working relationship with internal and external parties
- Ability to solve complex issues and deal with a variety of problems in situations where a limited set of standardization exists
- Ability to travel on short notice in response to emergency calls to analyze and resolve complex mechanical, electrical, and/or other building-related problems to prevent or minimize network service outages
- Willing to commit to flexible and long hours of work when necessary to reach company goals and objectives
What We Care About:
What and how you contribute is important to us! We look for individuals who will contribute to our culture and values. The people we want on our team Actively Communicate, Courageously Innovate, Cultivate Enjoyment, Relentlessly Execute, Support Community, and Thoughtfully Impact.
Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application and the chance to meet you!
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.