Works directly with President & CEO in a multitude of administrative duties, performing assigned tasks accurately, professionally, and efficiently. This position also interfaces with all areas of the business and is the direct contact for our member owner and board communication. The position requires a high level of discretion and judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide proactive calendar management for the CEO to allow for an organized and efficient use of time.
- Schedule meetings with internal and external parties including IFN’s Board of Managers, member owners, Executive Team and others; manage sometimes complex scheduling needs requiring harmonizing of many different calendars at the same time.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for CEO, Executive Team and others as needed.
- Reconcile and submit the CEO’s expenses in an accurate and timely manner following IFN policies.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO, monitoring upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Be a trusted partner, handling confidential information and material with the utmost discretion.
- Answer telephone calls, analyze and assist callers, transferring to appropriate area as needed; greet office guests and ensure meeting spaces are ready to be used.
- Provide primary support for assigned meetings including compiling and preparing materials, arranging conference rooms, off-site venues and audio/visual needs, providing for refreshments and catering as needed.
- Responsible for all administrative correspondence with our member owners and board compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws.
- Organize and maintain filing of minutes of Board of Managers and member owner meetings; monitor and follow up with members on voting matters.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Establish and maintain an organized system for maintaining regular and confidential files and records.
- Event planning and management for member/owner and customer events (Track Day and Annual Members golf outing),
- Provide additional support, assist with other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years’ experience in a senior office/executive administration position
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and handle a range of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction and be a self-starter.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to interface with Owners, Customers and Vendors with a high level of executive presence and professionalism.
- Experience with event planning.
- Ability to learn new programs, concepts and tasks quickly and effectively.
- Strong, clear and concise verbal/written communications skills are essential.
- Team oriented – able to work well with others in a professional environment.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality with all company matters.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.