The Engineer II is accountable for producing accurate service design packages and network diagrams while ensuring adherence to defined Engineering policies. Responsible for executing BAU (business as usual) network designs, based on templates, to fulfill customer requests. The Engineer II will have intermediate knowledge of service delivery, service design, software routing methods and network architecture. The Engineer II will act as a tier II escalation point for Engineer I.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Validates order information accuracy according to product catalog specifications
- Designs services and reflects network resource utilization by producing accurate design layout records
- Adheres to sound optical network principals and engineering service design templates and policies to ensure appropriate designs to support customer needs
- Adheres to Central Office power and installation standards in designed network augments
- Provides accurate and timely documentation to cross functional team members
- Produces service design packages based on templated designs for customer service requests
- Provides feedback to management staff concerning continuous improvement
- Willing and able to work flexible hours and/or overtime when required
- Produces service design packages to articulate architectural changes and capacity augments in the network
- Ability to support Operational departments by participating in an on-call rotation
- Provides feedback to service development and SLA management teams
- Provide Director of Network Planning & Engineering with feedback concerning continuous improvement
- Willing and able to work flexible hours and/or additional hours over 40 hours a week when required
- Provides support on service implementation and customer issues or problems.
- Participates as an internal resource on DevOps projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Network Planning & Engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of service delivery, routing methods and network architecture features:
- MP-BGP (address families, route-reflecting, route maps, communities)
- iBGP, eBGP, g.8032, OSPF, ISIS, STP, MSTP, RSTP
- L3VPN configuration
- MPLS service configuration and behavior
- TE traffic steering (Admin Groups, SRLG)
- IPv4 and IPv6 routing in an ISP network
- Layer 2 forwarding and loop avoidance technologies
- OSPF (TE extensions, costing)
- LSP path signaling (cspf, rsvp, ldp, admin groups)
- WDM and OTN networking and topologies.
- AC/DC power budgeting
- Passive xWDM, OADM (Ciena 4200 etc)
- Optical link loss budgeting (loss, mileage, etc)
- Q-in-Q dot1q tagging (outer, inner, etc)
- Dot1q tag manipulation (pop, push, swap)
- MAC address replication (multicast, broadcast, unknown)
- Mesh VPLS vs Hierarchical VPLS (loop avoidance)
- 2-3 years of experience working in a service provider or large enterprise environment
- 2-3 years of experience with Network Management Systems, records databases and relevant vendor specific applications
- Experience in TCP/IP packet analysis, routing and switching
- Familiarity in network and device management using common programming languages and techniques (Perl, Python or PHP)
- Understating of network topologies and interdependencies.
- Networking technologies, protocols, deployment scenarios and topologies.
- Familiarity with network scalability and limitations.
- Basic telecom network design and practical application.
- Open source and vendor specific tools that support design, deployment and operations of a service provider network. Some examples are Nokia SAM, Ciena One Control, MySQL, Cacti, Syslog, Splunk.
- Use and understand BCOP (Best Current Operational Practices) for service provider networking in support of building and maintaining highly reliable and available networks.
- Cursory knowledge of programming languages such as PHP, Bash shell, Ruby and Python.
- Mentoring other engineers in areas of recognized experience.
- Clear and concise verbal/written communications skills are essential
- Team oriented – able to work well with others in a professional environment
- Manage workload to ensure punctual completion of assigned tasks
- Possess the ability to work with internal and external customers at both a business & technical level
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects related to customer service requests
- Possess strong technical aptitude
- Familiarity with various operational environments such as configuration management, operations tools/applications, management of enterprise applications relating to network operations.
- Functional and practical knowledge of Network Management Application Configuration and Support. Including management of the provisioning, capacity, performance and availability of the overall network environment.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.