IFN has an exciting opportunity for a Construction & Splicing Engineer II to join our growing team! As a Construction & Splicing Engineer II in our Outside Plant group, you will be responsible for providing customer support for the construction management, site-walk surveys, and fiber splicing solutions for the execution of projects. Your day-to-day will include managing multiple surveys, construction and splice project engineering, and planning and documenting an advanced optical network.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee construction projects to be built in compliance with industry and IFN standards
- Oversee construction and splicing contractors
- Review contractor completion packages and as-builts to confirm project completion
- Design and determines splicing requirements
- Utilize test equipment to measure loss of fiber and to troubleshoot fiber issues
- Ensure Outside Plant (OSP) construction site safety practices for OSHA and IOSHA compliance
- Complete Site Walk Surveys and required documentation as required for all projects
- Respond to network outages and emergency restoration activities, as dictated by the needs of the business
What You Bring to the Position:
The ideal candidate should have an excellent ability to solve problems independently using in-depth knowledge of network infrastructure and network hardware while also being a strong team player and has:
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as a Field Engineer or in a construction-related field
- General telephone knowledge, with specific knowledge of telephone plant construction
- Ability to read and understand construction documents
- Knowledge of CAD software, M4 -Mapcom software, CWDM and DWDM wave technology, and OSP construction safety practices for OSHA and IOSHA compliance
- Fiber optic industry standards knowledge
And of course – great organizational and communications capabilities!
What We Care About:
What and how you contribute is important to us! We look for individuals who will contribute to our culture and values. The people we want on our team Actively Communicate, Courageously Innovate, Cultivate Enjoyment, Relentlessly Execute, Support Community, and Thoughtfully Impact.
Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application and the chance to meet you!
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.