Fiber Optic Engineer is responsible for engineering, planning and documenting an advanced optical network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Documents Fiber Network within system of record as per final redlined construction drawings
- Updates Indiana 811 Database for locates
- Communicates with and updates management on progress of OSP projects
- Coordinates and obtains (as required) state and local permits for construction projects
- Coordinates both State and County road construction activities
- CAD operations to convert constructions plans from outside engineering firms on Road projects in order to evaluate if any actions are needed to either move or remove existing fiber optic facilities. Verifies that paperwork is completed properly and submitted in a timely manner
- Approves minor construction changes on the spot, but discusses major construction changes with the Outside Plant Manager before implementation
- Updates Project Management, communicates and coordinates on progress of OSP Projects
- May be required to work during maintenance windows (some nights) and will also participate in a weekly on-call rotation
- General telephone knowledge, with specific knowledge of telephone plant construction
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience as a Field Engineer or in a construction related field
- CAD Software
- M4- Mapcom or eqivalent
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of Outside Plant (OSP) management, including Design, construction and delivery.
- CWDM and DWDM wave technology
- OSP construction safety practices for OSHA and IOSHA compliance
- Mathematical skills
- Manual drafting skills
- Ability to use a computer (basic Word & Excel functions, access internet, read & reply to emails)
- Ability to coordinate tasks and materials
- Attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willing and able to work flexible hours when required
- Possess the ability to work with contractors and vendors at both a business & technical level
- Great organizational and communications capabilities (i.e. must be able to listen and understand, then communicate orally and in written format) within all levels of an organization
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.