Responsible for providing internal customer support, solutions, planning and implementing multiple fiber connectivity solutions, managing customer orders, coordinating installations, executing and serving as single point of contact for orders for the Internal customer. Provides direction and project ownership by coordination and communication of the construction and splicing implementation, execution of projects. Assists in the planning and implementation of fiber connectivity solutions programs and projects that adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules. Oversees team of fiber optic engineers to complete the required tasks for delivery of the solution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily management of engineering, construction and splicing vendors to expedite the construction and splicing of Outside Plant facilities.
- Provide direct supervision to a group of assigned Fiber Optic Engineers
- Manage all internal and external resources to affect the timely completion of milestones (permitting, engineering and construction targets), and overall projects.
- Managing relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts such as cities, counties and railroad. Working in close relationship with underlying rights group to identify and prepare encroachment permitting, franchise agreements and building access agreements.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of fiber connectivity solutions programs and projects that adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules. Designs and Implements commercial and carrier fiber networks, infrastructure, backbone and lateral builds.
- Provides specialized telecommunications technical expertise.
- Oversees, product and/or service of the unit(s) managed. This may involve highly technical activities or programs; or policies, procedures, controls and services required to support the sound financial, operational and competitive position of the company.
- Off site, in-person meetings may be required. Employee must participate, attend and coordinate any an all activities required to meet delivery commitments.
- Creates and tracks project budgets in relationship to Network Operations. Oversees procurement and approval invoices of vendors, equipment and materials related to the assigned projects.
- Executes Bid Process, inclusive of budgetary requirements and the tracking thereof. Timely tracking of project progress and budget. Timely update of work order requests, purchase orders, project close out and internal work orders.
- Verify, update and approve project documentation.
- Full ability and willingness when assigned to pull on call duty to respond to network outages and emergency restoration activities, as dictated by the needs of the business. Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- Outside Plant (OSP) construction site safety practices for OSHA and IOSHA compliance
- Assist in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience.
- Must have 4 years familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- 3 years experience in Matrix Management environment
- 2 years direct supervisory/managerial experience
- Familiar with Email, MS Excel, Word, Google Earth and AutoCad.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of Outside Plant (OSP) management, including quoting, construction and delivery.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- The employee must possess a valid driver’s license and is expected to drive as required to his/her assigned projects in order to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.