IFN’s Sales Engineer will be an integral part of the sales team. SE supports the sales team and collaborates with Account Managers on presales technical product knowledge, sales call support, solution generation, and presentation of final recommendations. This position works regularly with potential client and current client technical resources, the IFN sales operations group, IFN operations and product partners to provide idealized solutions for clients. This role is a metric-based position and compensation will have a commission component.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses technical knowledge of product offering and industry to support sales on both Tactical and Strategic levels to maximize every sales opportunity.
- Prioritizes effort based on MRC sales productivity, or as directed by Director of Sales
- Prepares or reviews written proposals/RFP responses/quotations for current and prospective customers for clarity, which may include deployment direction and pricing
- Coordinates closely with Sales, Business Development, Operations, and Engineering resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements
- Works with Account Managers to generate new MRC business and MRC growth with existing accounts
- Provides presales support to the Sales team and Channel Partners/Agents
- Provides coaching to team-members in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Works on sales support projects from time to time that build and improve IFN business processes
- Ability to thrive working in teams and with customers with varying personalities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and 3+ years of experience in sales engineering, systems engineering (Cloud, Hosting, Managed Services, Networking Services, Telephony, IP Networking Equipment), and/or sales
- Strong knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications, LAN/WAN networks, IP, Network Diversity Applications and other technical skills documented above
- Expert in consultative selling and customer questioning techniques in order to identify new opportunities and maintain the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and the sales team
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record
- Ability to conduct presales technical presentations to customers
- Detail oriented with ability to handle high volume of sales quotes for customer requests
- Ability to interface with Customers, Vendors, Operational personnel, and Project Managers
- Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
- Strong project management skills
- Clear and concise verbal/written communications skills are essential
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and associated deliverables
- Time management skills are a critical requirement
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.