The Manager of Sales Operations (MSO) manages the support functions essential the effective handoff of completed sales to the IFN Operations Team. These functions include ensuring all opportunities are efficiently and effectively locked down by Engineering and Outside Plant, reporting, quote SLA management, sales process optimization, and sales team training. The Manager of Sales Operations oversees activities designed to ensure the seamless transition of completed Sales to the IFN Operations Team. Additionally, the Manager of Sales Operations manages the Sales Operations team who are collectively responsible for supporting the Sales department in the efforts to achieve organizational sales goals and quotas.
The MSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Reporting to the Director of Product Development and Sales Operations, the MSO also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency within the Sales Operations organization. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other departments.
- Acts as the primary liaison between Sales and Operations to manage the effective handoff of sold orders to IFN Operations delivery teams.
- Assigns equitable responsibilities among the Sales Operations team members to timely meet overall department and organizational goals
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with leadership in Sales to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates continuous process improvement within the Sales Operations team
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization.
- Works closely with the Director of Product Management and Sales Operations to operationalize new products and services within IFN Sales Operations framework.
- Build and manage systems and process that assist sales team in meeting sales objectives
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the Sales Operations organization
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for Sales Operations organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by the Director of Product Management and Sales Operations.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proven management experience at building and maintaining highly effective teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent business experience
- Experience in telecommunications, Internet, fiber, and information technology
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and successfully collaborate with both internal and external stake holders
- Track record of taking ownership of initiatives and driving towards positive outcomes with willingness to both manage and execute
- Ability to lead and oversee multiple engagements simultaneously, communicate priorities, and adjust as needed to effectively meet deadlines as business needs shift
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.